The staff of Full Circle Martial Arts is comprised of world class & very experienced individuals. Our karate instructors have a passion for martial arts study. Each staff member has achieved prominence in their individual practice of their respective discipline and has been certified via world class instructor training programs and continuing education courses.
Some of our Credentials
- A staff each with a minimum of 20 years experience, totaling over 175 years of experience in martial arts
- International and national teaching experience
- Trusted by Evesham Township School for our bullying and recreational programs
- Trusted by Lenape High School Self Defense Program for graduating students
- Trusted by local Girl Scout Troops and women’s groups for our Self Defense Program
- A family owned and operated business serving South Jersey for over 30 years
- Best of South Jersey Award
How We Got Here
Our lineage is of a high quality and our martial arts historical origins can be traced back to a fifth-century Indian Buddhist monk, Bodhidharma, who is credited with bringing Zen to China. While historically interesting, more recently our training is based on the original teachings of Gichin Funakoshi-sensei. Credited as the man who introduced karate to Japan from Okinawa, Funakoshi-sensei brought karate to the modern day and the mainstream. From Japan, it spread throughout the rest of the world. Funakoshi’s system of karate is commonly called Shotokan. The senior staff all achieved high ranks in various Shotokan karate organizations throughout the years, and this forms a basis of our system.
As our staff matured and martial arts popularity continued to grow and change, our staff has reached out to enrich our program. One notable influence was Sensei Vince Morris, Chief Instructor of Kissaki-Kai Karate International.
Sensei Montgomery and Sensei Morris teamed for 16 years to develop Kissaki-Kai Karate-do at the Marlton dojo before Sensei Morris’ retirement in 2014. Sensei Knorr has been there every step of the way and has been responsible for the inclusion of many additional techniques and expertise’s to the curriculum as well, personally cross training in jujitsu, boxing, wrestling, and amateur Mixed Martial Arts.
Sensei’s Montgomery, Knorr, Cappello, Maese and the rest of the staff continues to influence our Full Circle program by refining the content and teaching methods using numerous influences.